Monday, January 15, 2007

~words of wisdom?~

yawnz...tired...juz back from work not long ago...OT mah...hoping to complete the work my division head has requested...sigh...but unable to finish...plus there were still errors...sigh...plus i still got lots more other work waiting for me to do...the reporting team is gona send out the quarterly reports soon...and they are yet to be binded! and i have yet to prepare the dividers for each booklet...sigh...
anyway...after i was preparing to leave office just nice, i've decided to walk around to see if there are still anyone left in the office...and true enough, there are 2 more still working...then one (Melvin) came and talk to me...we had a short chat...usually if i were to work late and were to see him still around, we will have some serious chats...and yup...find that my conversations w him are very real and good...i mean actually many others could have also thought of what advises he gave me lor...but yah...good timing to tell me lor...before i become too ambitious and impatient to quickly rise up the corporate ladder...we chatted some minor stuff...den abt my boss...abt promotions...then abit about those newcomers...seriously...many new comers are really of high rankings...i mean the lowest rank that came in are at least an AM...if not will be AVPs or VPs...i mean i thought they are so stingy in promoting ppl...yet they are so generous in employing high ranking ppl...hmmm...but i guess i gotta change my thinking...i mean i always think i wun have the chance to get promoted for this yr (my chance was forgone last yr)...and i'm kinda disappointed w it...but wat Melvin said was right...i'm still young...those new comers who came in with high rankings are mostly late twenties or early thirties (even late thirties)...if not they have many many yrs working experience already...that is why they can get up to that level...plus with their qualifications too...as for me now...i still do not have my degree...and i'm still young...there's actually no hurry to fight my way up...cos eventually if i were to work hard...gain my necessary experience...have good certs with me...the chances of me getting to my goal is high...so now what i shld do is to concentrate well w my studies...apply considerable amt of effort into my work (but guess i always overwork)...and take things at an acceptable pace...i will get to where i want if i really want to...hmmm...but true that none of us are always satisfied...say for example i was promoted to AM (for e.g. my aim)...after getting it...i will not be satisfied and i aim for AVP...and so on...this cycle will keep on going...hmmm...but if i were to really slow down my pace...i guess i will not achieve the goal i have set for myself 2yrs ago...guess maybe will have to just slowly work towards it...and i noe i can do it...
however, i know i canot do all these alone...i need God...i need Him to see me thru in all that i do and am going thru...i definitely know He has a plan for me...a wonderful plan...and it is a plan that i will follow and work towards it...even if it means that i will not be able to fulfil my goals...there is a high chance i will still follow it...yah...u see the word 'high chance'...meaning there might be a possibility that i might not follow...no choice...i noe i'm still a human after all...sometimes are are really some things in which we really canot bear to let go...but for all i know...great sacrifices made for the Lord will come in with great blessings by the Lord...i dun deny that...and the blessings from God are always that unexpected and miraculous...i've experienced(received) many many blessings from God and i really appreciate what God has blessed me with...He noes what's best for me...and i noe He loves me very much too...Agape Love...an unconditional love from God is the Best blessing and gift from God...Thank you, Lord...

k will stop here...will be sleeping...too tired...hopefully can wake up early to go work and complete as much work as possible...

*btw saw Marcus n Sis. Lucy in a coffeeshop in toa payoh during lunch time...good to see them...it's their 1st day of training for the missions team...

take care all of you...God Bless ALL of you!

No comments: